Okay, fuck it. I'll never be a yoga queen. I just feel completely uncoordinated and geeky. If I do it at home, I don't know if I'm doing it right, if I take a class, I feel like I'm the only one sweating while trying to stand up straight.
Last summer, I finally got into a work-out routine and although I didn't shed much of my extra cargo, I was leaner and stronger than I have been in a long time. And at the gym, I didn't feel as out of place on the treadmill or using the weight machines. You don't have to rely much on coordination and I have been walking for quite a few years now.
I quit the gym to save some money and because I thought working out was creating my back pain, but it's not going away. So I figure, if I'm going to be in pain, I can at least lose some pudge. Painful and pudgy or painful and pudge-free? YMCA - here I come... again.
I thought that when I finally quit drinking the weight would melt away. I mean, I was drinking some serious empty calories. Like many that have gone before me, I realized the strong allure of chocolate. I've always been a compulsive eater, but sugar has never really been the problem. Carbs, salt, fat - that's my heroin baby. Now I'm faced with giving up sweets - specifically chocolate, or any kind of candy substance. I think I can handle frozen yogurt or popsicles, ( she says tentatively) but for now, I need to cut out sweets and see where I stand.
Tuesday, February 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Hahaha. Fabulous and refreshing as always!
ReplyDeleteLove,
Sadie
Yoga isn't for everyone. I, for one, can't stand how slow it is-I get bored. And I'm with you, salt is my problem too. :) Do you think some fruit with light whip cream would be a good chocolate substitute? Good luck!
ReplyDeleteI tried yoga for awhile, and eh, it was ok. i'm more of a cardio junky. plus i didn't see the kind of results that i do when i do strenght training. but having said that, i did like the meditating.
ReplyDeleteand chocolate, it does some crazy things, doesn't it? this from a card carying member of godiva chocolates . . .