Monday, February 15, 2010

Yoga Girl

I've always wanted to be "yoga girl."  You know, the girl who wears the yoga pants with the middy t-shirt, wearing stylish flip-flops and looking beautiful without make-up, hair tousled in a loose ponytail.

My problem is, it's a great concept, not so great an application for me. For one, I'm the kind of person that wants to lose weight before I go to a yoga class, which is one of the reason I want to start yoga. Plus, it requires discipline, which I am sorely lacking.

But I think that's all about to change. Why? Because it has to. Over that last couple of months, I have developed sciatic problems, which are constant during the day and really flare up at night. Which makes me feel really old. Like saying I have hemorroids, or a goiter.

But just like all the other aspects of recovery that I am going through, I need to do what's best for my health, and it's finally a priority. So I found a great website at www.abc-yoga-.com, which not only describes the poses, but actually has a little animation to help you along. In the privacy of my own home, I plan on becoming my own yoga girl.

In due time, I will brave a public appearance, but for now, I pose alone.

5 comments:

  1. Yoga is great!

    If ever you need a partner whose face turns all red and purple-y, whose butt sweats, and who looks completely awkward and inadequate yet STILL really loves yoga, I'm here!

    Love,
    Sadie

    ReplyDelete
  2. The wii has a yoga class, too. You could do it at home and laugh at your Mii. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think yoga can be a really great class and practice. :) Congrats for finding something that you want to use in your life in a positive, healthy way.

    Also, I read your story on Stefanie Wilder Tanner's blog, which led me to your blog. I want to say that I really admire your honesty and bravery. I can't imagine sharing such personal experiences is easy, and it's refreshing to read. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I found your blog over at Baby on BOred. I LOVE your blog. I have read each post. I am trying to understand Bipolar Disorder, and I find your posts very informative and interesting. Thank you so much for sharing your story. I look forward to reading more!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you!. I began this as a course of written therapy for me, and hopefully as support for anyone that may be going through the same thing. I'm happy to share anything that I have gone through to help someone else find peace!

    ReplyDelete