This last week has been stressful and tiring. I knew that starting any kind of eating plan last week would be crazy, so today is the day that I started.
Someone responded to my post about joining sparkpeople, and I have to admit, the girl was right. The site is so hard to follow and just looking at all of the ads puts me in a pre-epileptic seizure. I should have known when I filled out my profile and they suggested I join the "knitting" discussion group. Seriously? Just because I'm forty- five and live in Arizona?
So I've gone back to self.com and created an account so I can log my food daily. I have not done that...ever. I think because of my fear that by committing to counting calories, I would obsess over what I ate. Today, I have to say it has been quite the opposite. I'm surprised on how much I ate today and how little calories I consumed. Usually, at this point, I would feel like I hadn't had a "perfect" food day, but on paper, I've done quite well.
For something I have been putting off forever, it seems it may actually help heal my relationship with food. I'm also using EFT and NLP techniques to help deal with any emotional and compulsive issues as I go along.
I know I need to get at the root of my eating issues. I hope by creating new food boundaries, that some of this shit will surface and being in a clearer place, I might be able to finally heal the wounds I've had for so long.
Sunday, May 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

www.calorieking.com is the best site I've come across and it's helped me to lose 6 lbs. in about 3 weeks. My bfff is also on it and she's lost 7.
ReplyDeleteI can't even begin to tell you the shit that has surfaced since I started this.
Be gentle with yourself and know the "bumps in the road" from the "major disasters" and allow yourself comfort when it is necessary.
I've found CalorieKing to be fantastic too. Moving at about 2 lbs a week. :)
ReplyDeleteThere's an award for you at my blog : )
ReplyDeleteAlso, I weighed in this morning and actually gained this week from emotional eating so I'm right here with you girl.