Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Not So Bad

I have avoided staying committed to the dreaded food diary for fear that I would fall back into obsessive-compulsive dieting that I used to do in my twenties. Ok - I'm now approaching 45, so that's a pretty long time to wait.

It really has been that bad. It's actually been pretty freeing in fact. I feel pretty empowered. I am doing something different than what I have done in the past. So far, I've only adjusted my calories to lose 10 pounds. I went online, figured out how many calories I could consumed to lose ten pounds from my current weight and here I am. So far, 6 pounds lighter. Once I lose 4 more, than I will readjust.

And I'm not so pyscho about my calories. All I worry about is if it evens out on average at the end of the week. Some days I eat more calories, then some days I eat less.

Enough of the food crap. School is almost out, and I cannot wait to head to California, go to Disneyland and soak up some love from our LA family. And eat some sushi. Shit, there's more food talk.

I'm also planning to perform Stand-up once again this summer. First time in 12 years. Which I'm a little nervous about. I don't want to be like the old high school quarterback trying to re-live my glory days. But I have written some pretty funny stuff. At least to me. And, it's always all about me.

Summer. Light at the end of the tunnel. Hurry!

4 comments:

  1. it's easy to get wraped up in the number game. i think it's great you are looking at the big picture over a week, not focusing on every bite of every day.

    standup?! that's awesome!! have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i forgot to say congrats on loosing 6 pounds! that's so great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations not only on the 6 pounds but on managing an important life skill (and one I am still struggling mightily with) in the food diary: staying in control without going overboard. Have fun in CA!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good girl. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete