To prepare for this, I have stopped taking the Ambien that I take for my insomnia. I want to be able to gage how the medications are truly affecting me. I also believe that my insomnia is a by-product of my disorder. All my life I have been trying to find a "cure" for my insomnia. Now I see that it is part of a much bigger problem. I feel if I can get a hold of the muscle tension caused by my depression and my anxiety and racing thoughts, perhaps my insomnia will be eliminated.
The drawback has been, rebound insomnia. which occurs for some (me) when they stop taking Ambien. So for the last three nights, I have slept about a total of 6 hours, each night accompanied by horrible nightmares, which cause me to wake up in panic attacks.
It was very hard last night not to just throw in the towel and down a beer or take a pill. But I didn't, which is progress.

No comments:
Post a Comment