Friday, January 1, 2010

New Year - New Hope

I am definitely one of the people that loves to make New Year's resolutions. Probably because I am always in a state of constant "starting over." But the New Year always offers more hope than my monthly, sometimes weekly recommitment to self-improvement.

This year does feel different. I feel like for the first time I finally have a grip on what it is I need to do to find peace. So instead of making a huge list of resolutions, I only have one.

Find peace.

My husband and I had a honest talk about what we need to work on in our marriage this year. I hope that we can grow together in my process of recovery. I know that I have put him through a lot. I have a lot of guilt and shame because of my past self-destructive behavior. I need to make things right within myself in order for our relationship to survive.

Sunday I am upping my dosage to 50mg. Technically, I should do it on Monday, but I don't want to increase it on my first day back at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment